Everything You Need to Know About COVID-19 Vaccines, Mask Mandates, and Virginia Workplace Safety
September 28 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
As more and more employees become vaccinated and return to the workplace, businesses are wondering what they can and should require of their employees and how to best protect themselves and their customers to maintain a safe work environment.
Join the Lord Fairfax SBDC and the Top of VA Regional Chamber for a presentation by R. Doug Taylor, Shareholder, Bean, Kinney & Korman, P.C., who will address the following questions:
- Can an employer ask for proof of vaccination status? What should that proof look like?
- What if an employee refuses to be vaccinated? Can employers terminate for refusal to be vaccinated?
- Must employers still require masks in the workplace?
- How may employers encourage vaccinations without requiring vaccinations?
- Can employers require unvaccinated employees to get tested? Do employers have to pay for that? How frequently can testing be mandated?
- What if an employee insists on working remotely?
Douglas Taylor is a shareholder of Bean, Kinney & Korman. For nearly 30 years, Doug has provided timely and practical legal advice and representation to businesses, business owners, and executives on a wide range of federal, state and local employment and labor law matters, including executive compensation, restrictive covenants, trade secrets, disability, discrimination, misconduct investigations, whistleblower, retaliation, wages and hour, classification, and security clearances. Doug regularly defends employment claims before the EEOC, DOL, NLRB, OSHA, and state and local administrative agencies in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. Doug is outside general counsel to a private university in Virginia and advises colleges and universities on all aspects of higher education law.
Doug is a member of the National Association of College and University Attorneys. He is a Board of Directors member of the Arlington Chamber of Commerce.