The Lord Fairfax Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is a free community resource that provides confidential one-to-one guidance, as well as workshops, roundtables and training for startups and existing businesses. We understand that prospective entrepreneurs often have a variety of questions and can be confused about where to start, and that existing business owners often face challenges that can distract from their core business operations. SBDC counselors can help answer your questions, provide strategies for solving business challenges, and connect you to the resources that your business needs to thrive.
We offer free one-to-one guidance on business issues ranging from business concept and startup, to operational issues, to managing cash flow and financing, to business expansion. All sessions are confidential and provide meaningful, objective and timely feedback.
Business Education Programs
Our programs provide succinct and timely guidance through a variety of formats, covering a wide range of issues and topics.
- Workshops – Educational programs on a variety of topics
- Brown Bag Programs – One-hour presentation-format programs
- Roundtables – One-hour group discussions on designated topics (no presentations)
- Webinars – Live, online educational programs
- Online training / information – Online guidance and information in a variety of media
Lord Fairfax SBDC can help facilitate referrals and connections to professionals, associations, government programs, research resources, business organizations or other businesses.